Lightroom 4 tests

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interceptor121

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have never been bothered about extensive editing however I have tried now lightroom 4 for Mac and seems to be not complex but still more effective than iPhoto
This is an original picture and then a retouch with lightroom (jpeg to start no RAW)
I would welcome comments, seems quite soft as I applied quite a bit of noise reduction but overall pleasant

Original File Original File | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Lightroom 4 edit Lightroom 4 Edit | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thanks everyone

Any chance you can put the images in the thread? I'm not much of a link clicker and I know some others aren't either :)

BTW I am loving LR4 - quite different to LR3 and some things need some getting used to, but overall, I think I'm glad I upgraded.

Are you using the right code? Flickr is a right PITA to share photos from, imho. You have to click see all sized then choose the right one. I can't do it to show you exactly because of your settings there but you should be able to grab the code for the 800 max side (a good size for display)

When I put the images in the post they become super tiny??
To get full sized photos, use the "go advanced" button to get to the main editor and then about halfway down there is a button named "manage attachments". Click on that and then click on "Add Files" and then "Select Files" This will open the directory on your computer to find the files to upload to SB. Once you have uploaded the files drag the image to the bottom half of the File Upload Manager and then click "insert inline".

To get full sized photos, use the "go advanced" button to get to the main editor and then about halfway down there is a button named "manage attachments". Click on that and then click on "Add Files" and then "Select Files" This will open the directory on your computer to find the files to upload to SB. Once you have uploaded the files drag the image to the bottom half of the File Upload Manager and then click "insert inline".

That is what I had done and noticed that the files are 17-19 Kb in the upload tool

So I have now put them in the member gallery here see if you can see them easily

I'm hesitant to upgrade to Lightroom 4. I played with it on a friend's computer an I'm not liking how Adobe felt the need to rearrange everything just enough to make it annoying for the first week you have it. I'll probs end up getting it though since I'm still on LR2.

rick - although the controls are a little different, they are now in an order that makes sense and I'm finding I have far more control over finer things. It's worth the two minutes it will take to adjust, imho.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom