Lighting for wide angle shots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have the DC 600 and the digital strobe. Shots 5' or closer are fantastic, no problems. But when I want to shoot something farther away - say a diver by the Yukon's guns - nothing turns out. If I use the strobe I get back scatter and darkness behind the back scatter. HELP!

Generally you don't want to use strobes further than 6' away. if you get a wider lens, then you can get closer to the subject and still capture the entire subject. Otherwise, if you are in clear water on a sunny day, you can try to take the shot without strobes from further away and might succeed. In u/w photography, getting close to minimize the water between you and the subject is the most important thing and the reason that photographers love ultra wide lenses.

Use the "Sea" setting on your camera and then correct the white balance with software when you edit.

giantbarrelsponge0907261.jpg

reef0907261.jpg

Back
Top Bottom