Light Weight Primary Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Footslogger

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Been using an old US Diver Conshelf for years and looking to lighten up a bit. This last trip on a liveaboard I ended up with a pretty bad rub on the inside of my mouth from the tugging on the mouthpiece. Part of the problem was the hose length but the other is just the whole regulator weight/size thing.

For those of you who have the smaller profile/lighter weight regs which one(s) would you recommend and why ??

Thanks in advance.

'Slogger

The Atomics, coupled with a Sea-Cure mouthpiece, make pretty good setups.

the K

Is the second stage metal? If so I would agree. I tried a ScubaPro MKV and did not appreciate the extra weight. If you have a plastic model Conshelf 20, 21, SE2 try a Sea-Cure mouthpiece and a longer hose. I am pretty sure this will solve the problem. The tugging of the reg from a hose that is too short will cause irratation no matter what the size of the regulator.

I second the Atomic. Pretty light weight. You might look at the Oceanic Zeta, it's pretty small and light.

The Mares Proton Metal second stage is extremely lightweight, yet very durable and easy to breathe. With the Sea Cure mouthpiece it is a great choice. Cheers!

I just got two ScubaMax diaphram regulators. They are basically the same as the dive rite RG1200 series. Work great.

Oceanic Delta 4... Nice and lightweight, has a swivel on the hose and an orthodontic mouthpiece. It's really comfortable to use and a great reg! :D

I have used both Atomic Regs, and I own an Oceanic Zeta. All are lightweight and for the most part high performance breathers. If you want the mack daddy setup do the Oceanic T2, all titanium and the first and second stage together weight about as much most first stages do alone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom