Light(s) For DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldbear

Teaching Neutral Diving
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I am looking to add a light or two to my P2s. Any suggestions?

I have got a survey tube with my Piranha and added ball joints to attach two video lights.

gopro-rig-1-jpg.626222.jpg

What lights?

I am an Aqua Lung/Apex dealer and they are bringing out some new lights this year. I think I will wait for them to come out and play with my old Halcyon Canister Light in the mean time.

Thanks guys for sharing.

I have got a survey tube with my Piranha and added ball joints to attach two video lights.

View attachment 633072

Thanks! I just got a survey tube and I'm planning on doing something similar. Can you let me know which ball mounts and GoPro mount you used to attach to the tube?

Thanks,

- brett

Thanks! I just got a survey tube and I'm planning on doing something similar. Can you let me know which ball mounts and GoPro mount you used to attach to the tube?

I have used a standard 1" ball mount with a M6 thread like RAM® Tough-Ball™ with M6-1 x 6mm Threaded Stud and a RAM GoPro ball mount see RAM® Action Camera Universal Ball Adapter. I have found this to be a great compact solution for mounting lights and GoPro and i like the extra length the survey tube adds to the P1

Know some ideas for that BT that's on its way. I have the modular camera mount for the GoPro.. but.. how do I mount some lights?

Know some ideas for that BT that's on its way. I have the modular camera mount for the GoPro.. but.. how do I mount some lights?

I've used this in the past to mount the camera and then standard clamps and arms to mount lights to the balls on the mount system:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom