Light package opinion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gmgdvm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking at some light packages and would like to get some opinions on them.

The first is the UK E-LED Package:

* 1 C4 eLED® Light - Fluorescent Yellow
* 1 MiniQ40 eLED® Light - Fluorescent Yellow
* 1 Mini Pocket eLED® Light - Fluorescent Yellow
* 1 eLED® Penlight - Fluorescent Yellow

The other is the Princeton Tec LED Light Pack:

* Shockwave LED Princeton Tech's most popular primary light
* The New innovative Impact XL LED light
* The Eco-Flare personal tank locator light
* Gadget Gear Coil Lanyard
* Gadget Gear Mini Retractor

If there are any other suggestions I would appreciate your recommendations.

Thank you for your help.

I feel that the two companies offer very comparable products. I bought the C8 eLED and the SL4 LED. Great lights. The two packages are very equal, and won't be that different. I ultimately went with the UK eLED due to the way the circuitry works. I don't think you'll be disappointed either way.

As previous poster pointed out, Princeton Tec and UK products are both quality. I've had very good personal experience with Princeton Tec and found the one time I had a problem with a light it was promptly replaced with the newer version without so much as a question. (Benefits of buying from an authorized dealer!)

Princeton Tec LED Pack

Let me know if you have any questions regarding either one of the lights.

gmgdvm, did you end up buying your lights? What package did you go with? If you've used them how do you like them?

If your buying the UK package, see if it comes with the newer C4 as its ALOT brighter....It has a heat diffuser on the lens, you will know it when you see it :wink: If not(mine dont) have your shop put a package together with the same lights, but newer versions.....we do it all the time ....the new C4 is remarkably bright....newer bulb that gets really hot and bright, but now doesnt melt due to the heat diffuser

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom