Light Monkey Pitkin Controller Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris H

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been diving with a heated vest for the last 10+ years. A few weeks ago, I added a Pitkin Controller to my canister and it has taken it all to the next level. Previously, I'd get cold, flip the switch, and get cooked in the vest. There were a few times when I thought to myself "Dang, that is almost too warm" but it was better than the alternative. However, when you got used to the heat, there was no way to get more. I have now done a couple dives in 40°F water, and I'm able to switch the vest on at 60% power and feel the warmth. 20 minutes later, I can turn it up again and feel the warmth. Not to mention the battery life will be longer. I don't know for sure when Light Monkey changed the form factor, but the controller I have is built into the lid, so there isn't anything else that needs to be clipped off, or messed with on a dive. I'm giving this upgrade an A. The versatility of this pack is great too. I have a standard lid for my light, a side mount lid, and now this Pitkin controller.

Attachments

• BBB337F1-6060-4811-81A2-400A9E3025E8.jpeg
    BBB337F1-6060-4811-81A2-400A9E3025E8.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 244
Hey Chris, I am looking to get a lid for my 20aH battery. How do you adjust the heat output... I am new to Pitkins! Thanks
On/off toggles. First on 100%, second off on, 80%, next off on 60%, then 40%, 20%. If you wish to go back to full, turn battery off for…10? Seconds and the next on will be 100%.

Back
Top Bottom