Light mode from high to low or from low to high?

Which do you prefer, light mode from high to low or from low to high for dive lights?

• Light mode from high to low

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Light mode from low to high

Votes: 22 68.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OrcaTorch

Contributor
Reaction score
Which do you prefer, light mode from high to low or from low to high for dive lights?

Light mode from high to low

1555491104552440.gif

Light mode from low to high

1555491175681678.gif

Low to high. I rarely use a light when diving, when I turn it on I don't need my low light vision blown out. Most of my lights are old and I don't have a choice, but being old they arn't all that powerful anyway.

Bob

Agreed. Low to high is better for vision acclimation, also if it gets accidentally switched on, it won't kill quite as much battery by the time you notice.

Low to high always seemed like it would be best. I have to turn my lights on against me so as not to scare things I’m trying to get a better look at.

Erik

High first. when you want the light to turn on, you don't want to be messing with the button more than necessary. If I want a weak light, I will buy one.

If it is a casual situation and you want to take a moment to reduce the light output or save your battery then press the button a second time.

High to low is my preference, probably due the diving conditions in Finland.
Most of the time you can't see anything without light when below 7m / 23ft and reducing the amount of light to save battery power doesn't require you to shut down the light.

How about neither logic? Turn on to the brightness it was last set to. If the last time it was on it was on high, come back to high. If last time it was on low, come back to low. That is how I would prefer it.

The lights will sell better if the come on as high. Someone in a dive store turns on the light, for what you pay for a dive light you want LIGHT! If it starts off on low, the first impression isn't as good. But the first impression on high is better, with the feature of being able to dim if desired.

Back
Top Bottom