Light Comparison, Princeton Tec vs UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hogluvr

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I'm looking into buying my first dive light. Have identified the 8-C size lamp, as being adequate for what I'll be doing. Both Princeton Tec & UK make lights in this size. What's the general feel about these brands, pros/cons, personal experiences? The prices are fairly close, so not really a factor. Also, are the box deals (multi light) worth getting? My searches here did not yield any head to head info. Please advise.

Thanks,
Larry

They're both roughly equivalent. The Shockwave II has switchable light output (7.5 and 15 watt), but I don't like its locking mechanism. The UK has two of the same bulb mounted, making a burnt out bulb a non-issue, and has a superior locking mechanism, IMO.

When I bought lights for AOW, I avoided the package and got an SL4 as a backup to my C8. I now use the SL4 as a harness-mounted backup light and it's treated me well so far. The backup lights the packages come with are usually really small

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom