Light Cannon keeps shutting off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soamelt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My LC shuts off after it's been on for a few minutes, anytime I tap the head area (at least I think it's only when the rubber part is hit). It could be the slightlest little tap and it goes off. I can always turn it back on after a few seconds, but it's pretty annoying and I know I destroys the batteries powering it up/down.

This happens at least 5 or so times on a dive as I am always lobstering and spearing. The light tends to get knocked around a lot (albiet, usually lightly) while switching hands and such.

Is this normal for the LC's? I wouldn't think it is because of how easy of a tap will cause it to go off. I guess I could understand if i was giving it a hard whack.

Yep. Contact UK, sounds like lose wire, but it could be an issue with the (expensive) bulb.

Crap, I hope it's not the bulb. It's wierd, it only happens when it's been on for a while that it starts to happen.

I don't have a receipt or anything, hopefully UK will work with me.

I don't have a receipt or anything, hopefully UK will work with me.
Don't worry about it. They shouldn't require a receipt. Contact their customer service center.

I hope that bulb isn't messed up. That's an expensive piece to replace!

I don't think it's the bulb. I've never had the ballast go so I'm not sure what the symptoms of that going are. It kind of sounds like a loose wire or connection of some kind to me as well.

Don't bang it around anymore or keep turning it on and off and back on or you'll take a simple problem and make it more expensive potentially. I'd just send it in for repair. UK is pretty good in that regard I've heard.

I finally got to send my light back to UK. It turns out that it was the bulb. They were able to reproduce the problem with my light. They then switched out lamps and it worked fine.

Just thought bring some closure to this thread in case anyone else has a similar problem and searches.

Back
Top Bottom