Question Light Canister with dual cords in summer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ahmedkhalil

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, I recently purchased a yellowdiving 21ah light canister with dual e/o cords. For dives that I don't need heating, do I need to buy a "summer" lid with only 1 cord and switch between them depending on the dive (lid would cost around the same price for the battery)? or is there a cheaper solution? Would an e/o blind plug work in this case?

Fresh water or salt water?

I’d douse both ends with silicon lube, then use a blind plug. If you’re exclusively in salt water and inconsistent about gear maintenance and washing, I’d consider a second head. A blind plug is often cheaper if you can find a friend with a fried cable and simply cut the nub off.

Thanks @grantctobin for your reply, I will go with this option indeed. Buying a summer lid for the same price as the entire battery canister doesn't make much sense for me..

Back
Top Bottom