Lift capacity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firemedic8082

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I previously dove a Mares Vector Origin BC which had 33 lbs of lift. Wearing a 5mm wetsuit, AL80 and 40 lbs of lead it had no problems. I am looking to buy an Oxycheq wing and am trying to decide of I need a 30# or 40# wing if Im going to be using a SS BP and LP95 Tank. Thanks

I don't know your size/weigh, but I'm 5'11" 185. With 5mm suit steel tank, al b/p no weights in fresh water. My Mach V with 30lbs lift is plenty.

As comparison...I guess...I'm 6' 200#, I dive a SS plate, Hogarthian config, and a hp130 and I have tons of lift in my 40#. Even with another 40 pounds of scallops hanging off me! I can't see where 30 wouldnt be enough for you even with heavy game bag. But I'm no expert. The difference between the 30# and 40# seems to be just a couple inches, so I went with the #40 so I can lift heavy things. Still nice and tucked in.

YMMV

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom