Lift Bags

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two very different types there with different applications IMO.

I have both types and use them the following way.

Carter Gorilla Float (Formerly Personal Float) is stored on my BP and used for:

1. an unexpected bouyancy loss--has not happened yet.

2. Personal upline/deco line.

3. Surface marker when boat diving because of visibility of float...Subsalve's white is difficult to see when whitecaps, waves create same white.

Subsalve Bag is used only for planned recovery of items and as a surface float when diving quarries to mark underwater objects.

here is a link to a site that has pretty good prices on the Carter bags...http://www.covci.com/~covci/specials.htm

HTH,

C_C

Personally, I use the Carter bags for the NE diving. I think they hold up better and the Yellow will stand out better on the surface. The white Subsalve bags can look like a white cap from a boat. For a surface marker, I have an Halcyon SMB. Love it. Carter also has a great one.

Eric

I have a yellow carter 100# I've used for drift deco. It hangs from the bottom of the back of the BC in 2 loops of surgical tubing between my butt and the tank. Works great there for me.

I'm considering a 30 to 50# orange safety sausage as a backup (reccomended by my deco instructor). Just havn't found one I really like yet.

I use the Carter 50lb yellow lift bag. I keep it on my BC and use it for planed Deco stops or retrieval of small objects. Also good for buoyancy loss in an emergency.

…………… Arduous ……………….

Back
Top Bottom