Lift Bags

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tombiowami

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a lift bag or safety sausage and wondering about the double or triple duty possibilities. I want something that has at least 50lbs of lift so it could be used as a backup bouyancy device. Are standard lift bags big enough to really use in the ocean as a signal device OR are the safety sausages able to be used a backup bouyancy and salvage?

I do not do any professional or high end salvage, more like another activity to partake in underwater. Anything to look at in terms of using a s. sausage as a backup bouancy device?

Tommy

Not sure of the answer for this one, but I have a 50# lift bag on order. I got mine at Scuba Chick Accessories. Maybe the owners could give you more info. Tom is a real nice guy and will probably help you out, just say Syruss sent ya.

Hello,

subsalv makes the *BEST* lift bags in the world. Doubles as a dry bag, dive flag, help-me-im-lost-bag, and the like.
Includes a dump, purge, oral inflator and you can get the co2 canisters as an option as well as a strobe.

http://www.performancediver.com/shopping/Profile.html?SKU=143&Store=Main

Is to the 50# bag. they also make them all the way up to airplane size.

Ed

Get one with a dump. I'm not sure a safety sausage is a good alternative. You can usually find a number of good and cheaply priced lift bags of the size you want (non-industrial strength) on EBay.

Hello,

Sorry I can't recomend any halycon equipment. The evaluations i've seen on some of their products didn't rank that high.

Ed

Okay, at this point we've had a famed DIR member make another pitch for Halycon and a famed anti-DIR member make another rebuttal. Please folks, let's save this thread and not turn it into another DIR/GUE/Halycon battle. That isn't the purpose for this post.

Please?

BradyMSU, this has nothing to do with DIR. I have no vested interest in recommending Halcyon, and I only care about recommending gear that I have first hand experience with (backed up by significant research) and find to be excellant. I will continue to recommend equipment and other facets of diving that have treated me well to anyone who wishes to hear about it. As it pertains to this post, IMO, the Halcyon bag is a great piece of equipment.

That's it.

Mike

Hello,

I agree to that. Just need the others to agree as well. OR we can get a regulator to delete the post. I'll make it even easier. I'll delete mine if the other, the original one, is deleted.

Ed

No matter which type you choose make sure you get a brightly colored yellow or orange. Typically white doesn't do well in the open ocean. It can be difficult to see if the winds blowin and there are white caps on the waves.

Friggincold

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom