Lift Bagging Fun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oneshotshooter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Dive Mission Spectacle Lake 5-31-14 - YouTube

My dive buddy John Oliver and I decided to get some diving in this last Saturday. It had been over a month for me and I needed to get things back into balance. We hit a local lake that is known for its spectacular visibility and we were not disappointed. We dive this lake pretty regularly, and have even run search patterns on it using a tow sled. On one of these search patterns, we encountered an old lifeguard tower. The tower was in a rather desolate area in about 42 feet of water on a very silty bottom. It was apparently picked up by a tornado many years ago and deposited in its current location. We decided to recover it and move it to a more diving friendly area for other divers to enjoy. There was also an old sunken boat that we moved to the same vicinity. This area has good structure and a hard bottom. For those of you local divers who want to check it out, it is a spectacle Lake, centered on the Buckhorn resort beach in 22 feet of water. We are currently looking for a mannequin or skeleton to pose in the lifeguard chair. :crafty:
Here is a fun little video put together using go Pro 2.0 software documenting the days events

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom