• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

LGBTQIA divers welcome

Discussion in 'LGBTQIA and Friends perspectives' started by Scuba Daddy, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Scuba Daddy

Scuba Daddy Garibaldi

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I run a small Scuba school in Boulder City Nevada. If you are in town and you want to dive Lake Mead/Lake Mohave and you need a guide or buddy, look me up. 480-907-9902 I am a member of the LGBTQIA community.

John
    Scuba Daddy

2. zugbug99

zugbug99 Angel Fish

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Hi John!
    Hope to be back in Mesa, Arizona in about 6 weeks. Have you ever dove the B29 Superfortress at Lake Mead?
    I work at part of the year at Midway Island. Dealing with a crazy thrombophlebitis in my right leg that started 2 weeks ago. I hope to get it checked out and cleared back to diving quickly. Once I'm cleared, I would love to meet up for some diving in the area. I spend the summer on a sailboat near Detroit Michigan. Tired of the hot weather in Mesa.
    Best Wishes!
    Michael
    zugbug99

Scuba Daddy likes this.
  3. Scuba Daddy

Scuba Daddy Garibaldi

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Michael,

Hope your leg gets better soon. Time to get back into the water. As for the B29, it’s currently in 88 feet of water. I have not dove that wreck. However, there is also a PBY at 140 feet that doesn’t require an expensive permit to dive. There are other points of interest in Lake Mead as well. Let me know when you’re in town...480-907-9902

John

4. shoredivr

shoredivr Solo Diver

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    The B29 is currently in 88 feet of water! Wow! First I heard of the B29 it was in 140 ft IIRC. Those water levels are way down!

5. zugbug99

zugbug99 Angel Fish

Hi John, Sorry for the late reply. The internet can be spotty here at Midway. I will be back in Arizona April 11th and will start my round of doctor and dental visits.
    I work overseas at Midway Island for 6 months, then off for 6 months. Pretty sweet job. I would love to meet for some diving and friendship. I think your only about 3 hours away.
    I have a follow up medical visits scheduled until April 23rd, and then am free until doctor visits May 14th. If I can get cleared back to diving, I would love to drive up and meet you if your free in that block of time for diving. If there is any diving problem, maybe drive up just to meet? I try to get up to Vegas at least a few times per year. I hope to be out of Arizona by May 17th, and on my way to Michigan for the summer. I have a sailboat on Lake Clair Shores, just North of Detroit. My phone will be back in service when I'm in Arizona. Lets touch bases, discuss diving, etc. It will be 480-465-6154 Looking forward to talking, meeting, diving, etc!

6. zugbug99

zugbug99 Angel Fish

Wow, I cant believe the B29 is at 80 feet. I heard there is a lot of snowpack in the west this year. But its hard to refill lake Mead/Mojave/Powell after 20 years of drought. We have a WW2 PBY hanger (Catalina flying boat) here on midway. Sadly it is starting to fall down and further deteriorate. It has a few bullet holes in the steel girders courtesy of Japanese Zero's on Dec 7, 1941. A bomb was dropped, but missed the building. The crater was filled and concreted over about 30 yards away.
    A lot of people are not aware but there was a coordinated attack on Dec 7th, 1942. Pearl Harbor, Midway, Wake, Guam, Manila, Malaysia (Penang), Singapore, and Hong Kong. Since the International date line was recognized all the other areas besides Pearl and Midway were attacked December 8th.

RainPilot likes this.