Lets try again....Looking for an Apek Regulator...not an APEX...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roaddog

New
Reaction score
Hi guys....and girls...

I'm new to this board........you guys have provided a wealth of info....AND are VERY entertaining.... I'm looking for an Apek Reg. to replace my old and tired Poseidon Reg. Where do ya'll suggest I purchase one? I live in Austin, Texas......have around 500 dives.....don't exceed 150 ft anymore....well, not as often as I used to......... I am taking my girlfriend, who is a new diver, to Laguna in Utila on Dec. 17 for a week of diving. Thanks for your time and input.......Take Care

More advice....... I’m scared to ask for ya’lls advice on Regs……… EVERYONE, rightfully, has their preferences……..BUT, I’ll ask again…..What is your preference on regulators. After a lot of research, I have pretty much decided on Apek. Any favorites in the bunch? My current and future diving.....I have worn out my Poseidon. I have multiple other regs and am now looking for a new reg that was built after…..1990. I’m SURE they’ve come a long way….. I used to live for diving………..now……all the damage I’ve done to myself is catching up and I’m starting to slow down…..I’m 46 and might try growing up….. I now dive 20-30 times a year………nothing deeper than 180-190…..in lakes and in BLUE water. Nothing real physical…………….just slow and EASY……….. Most of the time..........

The reg you are looking for is not Apek, or Apex...its "Apeks." Might make a difference if you are looking for one online. I have two ATX-50s and they are great.

Come on guys...........I have been out of the Regulator market for years.....never even THOUGHT about getting an APEKS, APEK or APEX........until I came across this GREAT WEB SITE.............You guys are GREAT...............thanks for the direction AND patience.....

DivesWithTurtle:
Oh, well, I use an APEKS TX-100, so thats what I think you should get. :wink:

Where? all shop only has ATX100.

hoosier:
DivesWithTurtle:
Oh, well, I use an APEKS TX-100, so thats what I think you should get.

Where? all shop only has ATX100.

1. I don't know. But they are still on Apeks' web site. I got mine for free directly from Apeks. I won one of their on-line contests a few years back (pretty cool, huh?).

2. I only posted that as a joke; related to my response to Roaddog's previous thread, where I said "I use an Apex TX-100 and think it's great, but I don't do the "use what I use" type of advice." Roaddog may have noticed it. Maybe not. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom