Let's see those rigs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Goody1986

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The scuba kayak department is too quiet -- so let's see some kayaks!
I'll start....
10571958_10100604293987146_7052799969101575318_o.jpg

Cool idea!

Where do you keep your tanks?

As someone interested in dive kayaks, would those who post photos mind also posting a rough price they paid? There seems to be kayaks in the sub-$500 category, then well over $1500. No in-between in Canada from what I've found so far.

So if you love your rig, I'd love to see it AND the rough price.

Well, not exactly a kayak, though I sometimes use a kayak paddle in it if I'm alone.

20160626_122122.jpg

I think I paid a little over 2k for the boat, new. 17', weighs 55 pounds, carries two big people and gear.

Since the photo was taken I've removed the thwart just fore of the yoke because it got in the way so badly. I don't run any white water so I don't need the strength.

As someone interested in dive kayaks, would those who post photos mind also posting a rough price they paid? There seems to be kayaks in the sub-$500 category, then well over $1500. No in-between in Canada from what I've found so far.

So if you love your rig, I'd love to see it AND the rough price.
My rig on the top is $1000 US and rated for 600lbs

If you're looking for lesser - then the Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 would be for you
http://www.oceankayak.com/kayaks/angler_kayaks/prowler_13_angler/

Back
Top Bottom