Let us have a ScubaBoard meet and greet. - Idea and Planning Thread!

Where should we go?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Early to mid February works for me too. However, we'll have to keep our fingers crossed that Feb. 2010 is better than Feb. 2009....I remember it being a month of mostly rain (no good for local shore diving).

Not that we don't desperately need the rainfall to help with the drought, but that was hardly a normal occurrence. It IS the "rainy season", whatever that means here, but the odds are still in our favor, I'd think.

Not that we don't desperately need the rainfall to help with the drought, but that was hardly a normal occurrence. It IS the "rainy season", whatever that means here, but the odds are still in our favor, I'd think.

Whew, so that's not normal? I don't really have any reference....have only lived down here for a couple years, only been diving for just over a year now. I figured February and May were complete losses :depressed:

Well Dave and his lovely bride, count me in for any dates. Saturday would be better than Sunday.
I have dove and done several "dry" events at Heisler and this would seem to fit the criteria for most skill levels on the diving, and enough for our non-diving friends to tag along and enjoy the day. I am assuming this would be a pot-luck type of event.
Parking should not be a problem that time of year, lots of quarters for the meters will be needed, as free parking is up past divers, fishermans, and shaws cove.
Easy access and the diving conditions are "ususally" better than Vets. Another plus is Laguna sea sports is very close by for any "dive" items needed or rentals/air/etc.:D

Good point. Just a thought - what about making this a ScubaBoard event and reserve a large area in the dive park?

Or

We could do that anyway but still have a meet & greet in Laguna on another date.

I think there is already enough already going on at the Cleanup that the idea of having a completely separate meet & greet on another day works out better, IMHO. Plus it would give me two good reasons to dive in February :).

I am a new diver from Fresno. 17 dives at this time. Would love to meet and dive with all of you. Let me know when and where you decide.
Maureen

How about February 6th at Heisler Park?

From the poll, Laguna looks like the clear winner. From the comments, early Feb seems to work best for most. The 6th is the first Saturday in Feb, and the second Sat is Valentine's Day.

Dave, wanna put up a poll for dates now? Maybe put up four options: Jan 16, 23, 30, and Feb 6, all Saturdays.

OK February 6th is the date: More Ideas?

February 6th at Heisler Park in Laguna, got it.
I have no idea where this park is but I'll find it, Laguna isn't that big.
What time, 8:00 or 9:00?

Are you guys doing a pot luck or anything?
Should I bring a barbecue and a couple tri tips, or do they have barbecuing facilities there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom