Lesson learned - don't forget to prime the pee valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrumpyOldGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I did a couple of nice dives in my damp suite on the 1st after a year off due to medical issues. Anyway, I forgot to prime the p-valve which lead to some interesting issues.
First, when I did need to pee it was fairly hard. Being dense I figured I had a kink and power it out. Never mind I had the valve closed because I simply forgot to open, which I would have notice top side if I primed. Later I notice I was damp, figure it was a loose or folded seal. I am a big boy, don't do cotton and continued on. Of course, once I doffed my suite I noticed the stink and realized I pissed on myself for 2 hours.
Next, the funny part. The air trapped in the tube evidently backed up slowly into my bladder. The next couple of times I urinated standing up, I farted the air out my johnson. Now that is a freaky feeling. Hopefully I won't have a UTI or some more serious reminder of the incident.

Makes the DR balanced pee-valve totally worth it. Best dollar value of anything I have spent on my drysuit.

I did a couple of nice dives in my damp suite on the 1st after a year off due to medical issues. Anyway, I forgot to prime the p-valve which lead to some interesting issues.
First, when I did need to pee it was fairly hard. Being dense I figured I had a kink and power it out. Never mind I had the valve closed because I simply forgot to open, which I would have notice top side if I primed. Later I notice I was damp, figure it was a loose or folded seal. I am a big boy, don't do cotton and continued on. Of course, once I doffed my suite I noticed the stink and realized I pissed on myself for 2 hours.
Next, the funny part. The air trapped in the tube evidently backed up slowly into my bladder. The next couple of times I urinated standing up, I farted the air out my johnson. Now that is a freaky feeling. Hopefully I won't have a UTI or some more serious reminder of the incident.
sorry this made my day thanks for the warning

Makes the DR balanced pee-valve totally worth it. Best dollar value of anything I have spent on my drysuit.
That's the one I installed in my Fusion. Has worked perfectly every time.

That's the one I installed in my Fusion. Has worked perfectly every time.
story goes well with your namesake 'grumpy old guy' bet it was apt after the fact

Suit, not suite.

Sorry, but that always makes me go GRRRRR.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom