Less Expensive Video Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jlhdiver

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have experience with Less Expensive Video Lights like the kind you see advertised on Ebay.
I was Diving with a Divemaster in Belize who had two video lights that he paid $200 apiece for and he liked them.
Thoughts?

$200 each is less expensive? I once paid $130 for an Aqualite video light but other than that I've never paid over $100. Then again, I'm one that prefers to let my eyes adjust and use less light not light her up like a sports stadium.

I now have 2 of these after a fellow diver reccomended them (he had 8 of them for lighting up caves):

amazon.co.uk/Waterproof-Submarine-Underwater-Flashlight-Photography/dp/B07FTHDDXN/ref=sr_1_18?crid=2Z6KMAPJHZW43&keywords=18000+lumens+video+light+scuba&qid=1662368131&sprefix=18000+lumens+video+light+scuba%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-18

I've had no issue with them, the diver who reccomended them said he has had one come not working, and one that flooded but both where replaced. Even if one floods a year down the line you could buy a new one then claim it was the new one that flooded.

They need 4 18650s and it must be the nipple version not the flat heads. They are really really negative! And brightness wise comparable to big blue 15,000 lumens at least when you first turn them on.

I have seen a test of the Lumen numbers they give at Amazon, it didn't go very well for the lights. The best they didi was about 4% of the promised Lumen.

Please take a look at these lights, We have had very good feedback from customers, You can buy a tray, arms and two lights without spending too much.

I use 2 trust fire DF30s with my osmo action. They replaced the model with the DF35. Less than $90 each and they put off a nice diffused light.

I have ordered a pair of Orcatorch D530V, will report back when they arrive and I manage to do a dive.

It seems though that the prices are roughly $100 per 1000 lumen, perhaps a bit less when you go to 5000 or 10000 lumen. I wonder if the advances on batteries and LEDs will render brighter lights cheaper in the future.

What do folks think of the Archon lights? I got a couple of the W40V/D34V for under $200 each but so far have only used them topside.

Thanks Guys for your replies. I'm going to try out the 18,000 lumen Jacob suggested as they look like the one the guy had in Belize. They are less than $50 apiece on Amazon. They don't come with batteries or a charger which will set you back another $60.
I'll let you know how it goes...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom