lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a widw-angle lens for a olympus c4000 that fits inside the pt010 housing?

There's barely enough room for the camera lens to extend. All additional lenses have to be mounted to the front of the housing.

Thanks. Would the clear waterproof lens with the wide angle lens affect picture quality on land? I need to phorogragh some large jobs. I'd rather not buy two lenses. Can you recommend an UW lens for a pt010? Thanks for talking to an idiot. Dave

You can use Epoque, Sea and Sea, Olympus or Inon wide angle lens with PT010 housing. Basically the housing can take any 67mm thread external lens. Underwater, all of these lens will give you around 90-100 degree view, using on land (still need to have the camera in the housing though as you can't mount the lens directly on the camera), you can get around 130-140 degree view.
The port of the housing has pretty decent glass on it so it does not affect the quality too much. However depending on the situation, you can get quite a bit of distortion with these wide angle lens on land. Generally I recommend Inon mainly because there is an option to add Inon Dome port later so you can get about 130-140 degree view underwater as well, if you wish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom