Lens Management?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guitarcrazy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have recently gotten the underwater photography bug, moving from action cams to the TG-5 and Olympus housing. It works great and I have enjoyed using it, even with my limited photography knowledge. I recently purchased the Backscatter wide angle lens for the Olympus housing, and it works great. The only problem I have is when I am using the wide angle and see something small, or the reverse. How do you guys manage your lenses? I typically install the port in the boat, enter the water with the neoprene lens cover on, and then burp the lens and remove cover. At some point during the dive I see something small that I would like to photograph, and the wide angle is not suited for this purpose. I have considered removing the lens underwater and using the standard lens, but I am worried about dropping or scratching the wide angle in the process. I am wondering if a soft bag or pouch attached to the BCD would be a solution? How do you manage your lenses? Shoot only wide on one dive, and then macro on the other? Inevitably it seems you find a subject you want to photograph that will be opposite the lens you have installed. Thanks.

There are some diferente approaches.
Consider put the cover again and/or use a lens caddy attached to one arm .
Regards

Back
Top Bottom