Lens Covers -Maybe I was doing it wrong?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ljwillia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Silly question but does anyone use the screen protectors?

I have a Pro Plus 2 I've been using for 6 years. Love the computer. When I first bought it I put one of the thin, transparent lens covers over the screen to protect it from scratches. However, it was constantly getting air/water bubbles trapped underneath and was just distracting. I removed after a few dives.

6 years on the screen has a bit of ware. Not much, but definitely some scratches. I'm considering getting another lens protector thinking maybe I hadn't put the first one on correctly. Would love to know if this is just the nature of the beast or if I simply didn't do a good job of installation.

If it is getting water/bubbles under it, chances are the scratches are from the sediment in the water trapped between the screen and the plastic.

Apply it using an (a?) YouTube video and a credit card to be sure there is no bubbles. Expensive doesn't mean good quality, but cheap has a short service life.

Back
Top Bottom