Lengthening Spring Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
OK peoples...

I broke my toe less than a month ago. I love the 12" Spring Straps on my Twin Jets, but have always felt that they were too tight. I even went to a smaller boot to accomodate them. But now this *&%* toe mandates the bigger (more protective boot) and I just can't take the pressure. Any ideas on how to lengthen? I am considering making the wire attachments longer... any thoughts on the relative merits of this? Anything I should look out for? I do love my twin jets, but I also want to be comfortable.

The toe makes it unliveable, but really they are too durn tight even without the toe issue. The positioning of the straps on the Jets and the Twin Jets are different.

Hi Doc,

Try looking at the links in this thread:
http://www.scubaboard.com/t5756/s.html

There is one that uses the original strap end-clips and some homemade webbing loops that seem to do what I think you want.

If you want em, I could mail you the aluminum end barrels I didn't use from my "spring kit" as they made it too long for me. See the link and pics in my second post from the other thread to see what I'm talking about.

Putting them in could add an inch or more to the overall strap length depending how you use them. I guess you could just use only one on each spring for 1/2 inch as well.

are not an option. When I took off the old straps, the blastic buckles had already started breaking. In fact, I am surprised that I did not loose a fin! Unless inspected quite closely it is hard to detect these cracks. While I could go to a dealer and order new buckles, I would prefer not to use that defective design.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom