Lembongan vs Tulamben

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I need some advice for my upcoming dive trips. I’m a newly certified OW diver wih only 8 dives. I got certified at Tulamben last year. I’ll be going to bali where i get to dive for only 3 days. I was thinking of going down to Lembongan but is wondering if the conditionsnwould be too advance for me. Should I stick to diving in tulamben or amed area or going to lembongan would be fine?

Thank you!

No problem diving most of the sites in Lembongan/Penida area, some people are getting their OW here : it's only some of the spots that can be challenging like Blue Corner or getting difficult on certain conditions like Crystal bay.
Just tell the dive centre and stay with your guide.

Hi,
You need more experience if you want to fully and safely enjoy some tricky dive sites of both locations. So whereever you dive, Lembongan or Amed/Tulamben choose well your DC and stick to easy dive sites with good conditions

I ended up doing a couple of dives in lembongan at manta and SD after for my 17th and 18th dives (previous dives have all been in Tulamben area) and it was great! looking to do more dives around lembongan and Penida after i get my AOW. Thanks for the input!

Back
Top Bottom