Legend DIN leaking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OldNSalty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This is surely something simple and stupid but my legend is leaking air from the DIN connection/tank valve. Is there an o-ring that needs to be replaced or is it time to service it? If it needs service I would probably do it myself but I've only worked on old conshelfs a few times.

There is one at the first stage body which may just be loose, and there is the one you can see. Also another one behind the filter.

If you can take a picture and point to where it's leaking that may help, or just use a picture of any din first stage and draw an arrow

Is it ACD?

If so try tightening the centre hex screw, they sometimes come loose and the air leak is there to tell you there's a problem.

Is it ACD?

If so try tightening the centre hex screw, they sometimes come loose and the air leak is there to tell you there's a problem.

I’m voting for this. Had it happen to me earlier this year and tightening the screw took care of the problem.

Is it ACD?

if that is the 4mm hex shutter valve, careful not to over tighten, threads are easy to strip. 3nm, 27in-lb.

I'll check when I get home and then post pictures if it wasn't loose. 27in-lbs? I hate having to torque stuff...

So everything felt tight but the only o-ring I saw appeared to be not seated correctly. If viewed from the side it is not level....I am guessing I need to replace it....should there be another o-ring visible?
IMG_0961.JPG
IMG_0962.JPG

Am I seeing a slice across the oring at the 5pm (or AM I) position?

Easy test is to flip that oring over and see if the sound of the leak changes when you connect it to a tank.

Also check if the tank valve seat face is free of corrosion or anything else that might be spoiling the seal.

Back
Top Bottom