legacy analog HUD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjack321

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have an analog HUD on my KISS and can't tell from the manual. Does it round fractional ppO2 up or down? Does it follow normal algebra rules or something else? Does the rounding protocol change if its higher or lower than 1.0?

Ie if I have:
1.19, 1.23, 1.28
do I get green/green/green, green/green/green, _____/______/green?
both rounding up to 1.2, down to 1.2, and also up to 1.3
or
1.07, 1.04, 1.09
green/green/green? Rounding down to 1.0

Hopefully this is a clear question.

On other units HUD round down below 1.0 (additional hypoxia warning)
But up above 1.0 (additional hyperoxia warning)
without following algebraic rounding rules. I was wondering if you HUD was doing something comparable or had a different set of rules. Its a bit challenging for me sleuth out.

I have an analog HUD on my KISS and can't tell from the manual. Does it round fractional ppO2 up or down? Does it follow normal algebra rules or something else? Does the rounding protocol change if its higher or lower than 1.0?

Ie if I have:
1.19, 1.23, 1.28
do I get green/green/green, green/green/green, _____/______/green?
both rounding up to 1.2, down to 1.2, and also up to 1.3
or
1.07, 1.04, 1.09
green/green/green? Rounding down to 1.0

Hopefully this is a clear question.

On other units HUD round down below 1.0 (additional hypoxia warning)
But up above 1.0 (additional hyperoxia warning)
without following algebraic rounding rules. I was wondering if you HUD was doing something comparable or had a different set of rules. Its a bit challenging for me sleuth out.

RJ...

Suggest sending an e-mail to Mike Young at KISS...his response time is excellent...he'll answer your question...

Best...

Warren

Hi, Richard. The rounding protocol does change depending on whether the PPO2 is higher than 1.05 or less than 0.95.

When > 1.05, truncate(PPO2 + 0.04) to 0.1 resolution then 1 GREEN flash per 0.1 PPO2 over 1.0.
  • 0.95 - 1.05 – one orange
  • 1.06 to 1.15 – one green
  • 1.16 to 1.25 – two green
  • Etc.
When < 0.95, truncate(PPO2 – 0.06) to 0.1 resolution then 1 RED flash per 0.1 PPO2 under 1.0.
  • 0.95 – 1.05 – one orange
  • 0.87 – 0.94 – one red
  • 0.77 – 0.86 – two red
  • Etc.
Also, when GREEN flashes > 7, use high intensity flashes

When RED flashes > 6, use high intensity flashes

Cheers

Awesome thank you.

Ps I love the HUD, I know its not as flashy as the NERD but I feel compelled to have dual displays of some sort and this one alongside a fischer-predator suits my needs perfectly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom