Left side reg Hog switchback or diverite xt2

• Hog switchback

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Diverite xt2

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you look at the reports, the Dive Rite breathes better. I do not know about HOG's customer service, but I do know that Dive Rite's customer service is exceptional.

Only depends on how you like your set-up.......

Neither,

Long hose on the left, looped behind my neck.

Hog has excellent customer service. However, so does Dive Rite. Dive Rite is CE certified though. The XT is a beautiful breather. It breathes just as easy as my Mk20/G250. I just sold a Mk25/G250 and am selling the Mk20 so I can go all XT's. Phenomenal regs in my opinion.

Both are great regs, I wouldn't hesitate to use either.

I believe the DR uses a metal poppet with a built in seal, vs. the HOG using a plastic poppet with a replaceable seal. Both seals are of course replaced in the service kits.

I don't know about the switchback, but my duroc has CE 1463 EN 250 printed on it.

I don't know about the switchback, but my duroc has CE 1463 EN 250 printed on it.

Good to know. Last I saw, they were not. Thanks for the info!

If you look at the reports, the Dive Rite breathes better.

JamesR posted a review awhile back saying that his Hog 2nds breathed better then his DR 2nds. This test was on a DR 1st. He dings against the Hog was he reported cotton mouth and that the Hog lacks microadjusters for setting the cracking pressure. All in all, I believe he liked them better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom