Left Post on Manafold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JimC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So there are 2 posts on a manafold, and the left one can "roll off". There the right one can "roll on".

I gather its generaly considered better to roll on, rather than roll off.

Why don't the manufacturers just put a left thread in the left post, then both posts "roll on"?

Its not like this is new technology, the hot side of your faucet should be left threaded.

so that the diver, when under stress and needing to do a valve shutdown (or re-open) won't have to think, just react, to righty-tighty, lefty-loosey.

My bet is just habit... personally I wouldn't find training to learn both valves roll forward (like the right one) to shut 'em down would take more than about five seconds to incorporate into emergency procedures and be indellibly etched in my little pea brain. It's a change in the equipment I'd personally welcome.
Rick

Just a thought..

If this was adopted than the whole reasoning behind which post for what would need to be reevaluated as well. The results might be different.

omar

Back
Top Bottom