Leaving the group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

olphart

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, it's time for me to leave the group. After 8 months, I finally have my DM cert!:D I was thinking that at 66, I have to have been one of the oldest DMC's around.:rofl3:

It reminds me of 5 years ago when I had 5 post OW dives under my belt, checking in for some shallow dives in Tobermory, the gal remarked that they didn't have to worry about me since I had lots of experience! I corrected that misapprehension immediately.

I have to say that the DM course is the most worthwhile thing I've done yet in scuba. If I could afford it, I'd do it again.
The biggest thing I've learned is that I don't really know "squat", and while my skills are MUCH better than they were, they're far from the perfection I'd like to be able to show students. So, I'm still working on them, practicing every chance I get, trying to make it all look smooth and easy.
Maybe a "fundies" course??:idk:

Congratulations. With your attitude of always trying to improve, I suspect you'll make a fine DM.

While you are certainly a senior, you haven't set the record. Last year we certified a DM at the age of 70, and I'm sure he's not the oldest (although he's currently the oldest active member of our staff - I'm a distant third at 66)

enjoy

Congratulations. Hope to finish soon at age 56. You're an inspriation.

I finished my DM couple of weeks ago at 45... And I thought I was too old. Although in a relatively good shape, I was worried about the stamina test. Well I performed better than the 4 others guys who were in their 20's...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom