Leaving for Coz this Sat.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scaldwell once bubbled...
Anyone there can fill me in on current conditions etc? Really looking forward to it!!!:wink:

My last dive was on Friday, Oct 24. Bottom water temp on both dives that day was 83 F. Viz was not as good as normal: I would guess about 75 feet on our deep dive at Palancar Horseshoe and about the same at Paso de Cedral. Didn't encounter any unusual currents or see any jelly fish. Did have a great experience with a turtle. As I was just about to break the surface from my 2nd dive, I looked down and a small turtle was swimming straight at me. He surfaced about 2 feet from me and hung around for 3-4 minutes first looking at me on the surface then ducking his head to look at me under water. Absolutely no fear (from either of us.)

Joel
http://www.mxtravel.com

Three of us leaving for CZM this Saturday also. Forecast shows rain throughout week. Oh well! We're going in order to get wet anyway. We're taking a first timer with us and using Dive Paradise, so we're expecting a casual week and lots of surface time.

Forecast shows showers everyday with at least one day of storms. That usually means leaving and/or returning to the Marina (Caleta is the way it's called down there I think). We haven't been down in the fall for quite a while.

Any clues as what to expect would be appreciated.

Asweptwing once bubbled...
...Forecast shows showers everyday with at least one day of storms. That usually means leaving and/or returning to the Marina (Caleta is the way it's called down there I think). We haven't been down in the fall for quite a while.

Any clues as what to expect would be appreciated.

I wouldn't worry too much about the weather. I checked the forecast just before I left for Coz on the 19th and it was showing thunderstorms for several days and rain for all of last week. I don't think I saw any rain the whole time I was there. This time of year, if it does rain it usually passes petty quickly.

Joel
http://www.mxtravel.com/cozumel/cozumel_diving.html

Back
Top Bottom