Learning diving in London?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sinetwo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to diving but will probably be doing my PADI OW Referral course somewhere in London.

I've been looking at Timuna Sea near Canary Wharf but haven't found a single review - apart from it being very convenient for me I don't know whether to tell if they'll be reliable for a beginner or not. They're "5 Star PADI" but having looked online this is more about how much they've paid out to PADI as opposed to the quality of their teaching.

Can anyone vouch for these guys or recommend anyone else in London?

Thanks!
SineTwo :coffee:

Hi all,

I'm new to diving but will probably be doing my PADI OW Referral course somewhere in London.

I've been looking at Timuna Sea near Canary Wharf but haven't found a single review - apart from it being very convenient for me I don't know whether to tell if they'll be reliable for a beginner or not. They're "5 Star PADI" but having looked online this is more about how much they've paid out to PADI as opposed to the quality of their teaching.

Can anyone vouch for these guys or recommend anyone else in London?

Thanks!
SineTwo :coffee:
anywhere in London is probably going to do all of their open water dives at Wraysbury Dive Center, which is an inland site just outside of London headed towards Windsor. You can even catch a train there straight from Waterloo. Maybe think about using Wraysbury itself to do your referral

Hi Rivers, thanks for letting me know.

Is that how you learned or did you go outside of the UK? I'm thinking I might want to do a trydive first (they're not very expensive, £20+?), before I decide to shell out for the £250 course :)

Trydives before committing time and money is a good idea... also a good way for check out the organisation..

You can do a try dive with us at Amersham at the end of the tube... 8.15pm Wednesday nights.. £20... We're not PADI but a try dive is a try dive..

Chesham Sub Aqua Club

But i'm sure there is something nearer to you... most BSAC clubs will do a try dive... checkout their website to find the nearest one..

https://www.bsac.com/Default.asp

Also check out..

LSD

Back
Top Bottom