Learning (again) to diving in Seattle. Hello!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AaronDoesScuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I haven't dove in about 15 years, but I'm getting back into and starting in the Seattle area. Really appreciate the detailed discussions here, it's helped me immensely while trying to put together a new scuba kit. I hope I can contribute in the future.

Thanks,
Aaron

Welcome to Scubaboard and the PNW Diving community. We live in one of the best diving locations in North America. Hope to see you in the water soon.

Welcome back to diving! I got certified in the Puget Sound and would like to return there to dive again.

Thanks everyone. I'm taking the drysuit course shortly. I was fine with a double wetsuit, but would like to see what more comfortable feels like in the frigid Puget Sound waters.

Welcome! Drysuit is totally the way to dive here and really enjoy it. And I'm surprised Dave Hicks didn't mention the Marker Buoy Dive Club as a good group for finding dives/dive buddies. Northwest Dive Club also has a great website and their Th Th Th dives.

Thanks everyone. I'm taking the drysuit course shortly. I was fine with a double wetsuit, but would like to see what more comfortable feels like in the frigid Puget Sound waters.
You will be far happier in a drysuit. Some people can swing a wetsuit in the summer, but as soon as it gets cold out the wet suit will be misery between or after dives. A dry suit is also much easier to put on than the heavy wetsuits you would require.

Welcome and greetings from Bellingham

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom