Learning about decompression diving during covid-19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They require dives witch is not possible right now,
not sure I want to pay for a course I’m not sure I can complete for a while.

What would the PADI equivalent be of these ?
Can you just buy the manuals for now ?

Can you just buy the manuals for now ?

You can get the TDI manuals from DGX. The PADI tec manual is a PDF. I don't believe you can get that by itself like you can with the TDI manuals.

I've read mine 4-5 times and all pages are still firmly attached to the spine. So you got a bum copy.

I've had bum copies of a couple books. Contact the seller: you will usually get a new copy for free, or store credit towards a different book if yours is readable but seriously flawed.

You can get the TDI manuals from DGX. The PADI tec manual is a PDF. I don't believe you can get that by itself like you can with the TDI manuals.

I am sure that it depends on the instructor. With that being said, I was told that if you had the PADI Tec Deep book that it could be used for the courses.

DW

If you were interested in doing Helitrox along with AN/DP, you would also get the Extended Range/Trimix manual.
There's no additional online theory for Helitrox when doing it with AN/DP yeah?

There's no additional online theory for Helitrox when doing it with AN/DP yeah?

Extended Range/Trimix are one printed manual and that's what you use for Helitrox. While there is eLearning for Extended Range and Trimix separately, there's nothing specific for Helitrox. An instructor would have to advise if you would use the Trimix eLearning for Helitrox.

My instructor prefers the books and in-person/online lecture time.

Copyright page on mine (2019 copy) says
First Published 2008
Reprinted 2009, 2013
Second Edition 2014
Reprinted 2016, 2019
Does anything change with a "Reprint"? As in are all the Second Editions the same?

Back
Top Bottom