Learning about decompression diving during covid-19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whats the publish date on it? I have a 2010 published copy (first published 2008) with a different tag in the bottom right corner tag (Eurotech 2010 award tag)....

_R
Copyright page on mine (2019 copy) says
First Published 2008
Reprinted 2009, 2013
Second Edition 2014
Reprinted 2016, 2019

You can do the TDI Deco or the adv. nitrox on-line courses, special pricing: On-line courses

You can do the TDI Deco or the adv. nitrox on-line courses, special pricing: On-line courses

They require dives witch is not possible right now,
not sure I want to pay for a course I’m not sure I can complete for a while.

What would the PADI equivalent be of these ?

If you want to practice for deco diving try this:

1 - order a lever harp online.
2 - when it arrives discard the harp and keep the cardboard box.
3 - place the box in a cool dark place.
4 - drink lots of water to reduce DCI risk
5 - watch the Cousteau episode about the Thistlegorm.
6 - get in the box and have your other half tape it closed from the outside.
7 - for 21 minutes lie flat balancing a doughnut on the back of your head. This is more realistic if you are cold and feel the need to urinate.
8 - calmly ask your other half to cut the tape, then wait a whole minute before leaving the box.
9 - sit on the sofa for 10 minutes before carrying all your dive gear upstairs.

Someone else who just finished said it had little about deco diving and some bits were incorrect.
Nothing is perfect in this world... But hey, it is free! A good way to spend your time learning something new, during these long days at home, while outside spring is wonderful, ad we cannot go out!

Nothing is perfect in this world... But hey, it is free! A good way to spend your time learning something new, during these long days at home, while outside spring is wonderful, ad we cannot go out!

The course is apparently fine, but not for learning about deco diving. That was my point.

The course is apparently fine, but not for learning about deco diving. That was my point.

I understand that SSI course is of general nature. For deco diving are specialoaed courses.

Back
Top Bottom