Learn how to Spearfish : Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BeckyKagan

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I started spearfishing when i lived in Tampa for college! While i worked at my local dive shop for many years i sold lots of spearguns and realized there was no books or video's to teach back then. I produced this educational video with local expert spearfishermen out in the Floria Middle Grounds and it's finally up on Vimeo! I hope it's not rude to post here but maybe you can direct any new spearfishermen to this informational video and learn a lot of great tips and tricks!
Happy Hunting!

Watch The Bare Bones of Spearfishing - Your Guide to Underwater Hunting Online | Vimeo On Demand

Hey Guys, I started spearfishing when i lived in Tampa for college! While i worked at my local dive shop for many years i sold lots of spearguns and realized there was no books or video's to teach back then. I produced this educational video with local expert spearfishermen out in the Floria Middle Grounds and it's finally up on Vimeo! I hope it's not rude to post here but maybe you can direct any new spearfishermen to this informational video and learn a lot of great tips and tricks!
Happy Hunting!

Watch The Bare Bones of Spearfishing - Your Guide to Underwater Hunting Online | Vimeo On Demand
I bought the DVD years ago and would recommend it to anyone interested in learning how to spear fish. :thumb:

@CuzzA, I got the download. Nearing Info overload. Very well done. Reminds me of the helicopter scene in the original Matrix movie. I can't believe how much I have 'learned' between yesterday and today.

Now, I need to put it to life and find out what is real (for me). Loved the dive conditions on the vid. There must have been greater than 30' visibility!

I'm way more inshore, in the wash, playing hide and seek in green water in the jettys looking for potential bouillabaisse contributors.

Happy Hunting!

Is there a DVD version I can buy please?

REASON: I am in Libya with the slowest internet on earth and doing online training is most difficult. I prefer a download or DVD that can be sent to my shipping forwarder in NY.

Becky is on and off SB. She is an extremely nice person. PM her with your request. If that fails, I'll sic Evie on her. :wink:

facebook me if no happy...

I just sent you a PM.

(I also sent Becky a PM)

@CuzzA, I got the download. Nearing Info overload. Very well done. Reminds me of the helicopter scene in the original Matrix movie. I can't believe how much I have 'learned' between yesterday and today.

Now, I need to put it to life and find out what is real (for me). Loved the dive conditions on the vid. There must have been greater than 30' visibility!

I'm way more inshore, in the wash, playing hide and seek in green water in the jettys looking for potential bouillabaisse contributors.

Sweet! Glad you enjoyed it. Kevin, the owner of Ocean Rhino guns is local to me and does a great job helping people in the sport. His gun is great quality and built for the rigors of Gulf Coast scuba spearfishing. Every year he and a guest, usually Dan MacMahon (Dan also usually speaks at the Blue Wild), hold a spearfishing seminar (all day event, includes food and drinks) at Bill Jackson's Dive Shop. If you're ever in the Tampa Bay area around that time it would be worth spending the day with those guys.

I will warn you, once you start shooting it changes your perception of diving. I hate to say it, but if I'm not hunting I might get board. There's something about the challenge, the adrenaline of predators and the competition to carry your weight on the boat. Not to mention the delicious fresh and healthy eating.

Thanks so much for the great review! We really appreciate it! We were very fortunate out of Steinhatchee with good vis. Some of it was shot in the Dry Tortugas and off of Tampa as well. I know what you mean about the hide n' seek in green water.

Kevin and Ben are so knowledgeable and were amazing to work with on this. They explain everything well and have so much great information to share. We are happy to finally get with the times in 2018 and have it viewable online.

--Becky

Back
Top Bottom