Leaking dry gloves on a D7 with oval ring system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markmantei

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
With full disclosure, this is not my suit, but rather a friends. He really likes the suit, but is getting a little frustrated that he cannot get a reliable seal with his dry gloves. I had a look yesterday to try and help him out, and while some adjustments helped, it did not really fix the issues. The way I see it there are 2 issues.

1. The internal ring (the thin blue plastic) seems to be a little to small, and does not fit really tightly with the glove and external ring, this means that when he puts his hands in the gloves, it is difficult to avoid pulling the glove out of the ring system (due to the blue internal ring slipping).

2. Once getting the gloves on successfully, any small turn of the wrist within the glove caused the seal to break and allowed water in. Since twisting the ring is how the glove system is removed, I don't see how to avoid this issue.

Any suggestions to help the guy out?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom