Leaking Apeks High Profile Dump Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sucnip

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi. The high profile dump valve on my DUI FLX-50/50 suit appears to be leaking. I consistently come out with only my left shoulder area damp. I've checked the suit for leaks and could not find any. I've unscrewed the valve and everything inside appears in order.

How do I completely remove the valve for further inspection? I tried unscrewing the base from inside and only ended up breaking off one of the plastic "fins" used to keep your undergarmet away from the valve itself.

The suit is 7-8 years old but has only been in service for the last 12 months. Basically its a new suit.

Regards,
David

I had exactly the same problem,and ended up replacing it with a Sitech valve. Not only do I have a better quality valve,but the lower profile makes donning/doffing equipment easier. To answer your question I didn't take it off for inspection. The guy who does all my dry suit repair told me he was unaware of a rebuild kit for this valve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom