LDS in Northern California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ca_Ghost

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking to see if anyone can recommend a good dive shop in the Northern California area that has a selection of equipment that can be demoed before you purchase it?

I'm in the Modesto / Stockton area and am willing to drive in a 75 mile radius (Bay area, Sacramento, etc)

The local shops around here do not do demos so the small group of us looking for gear are stuck at the moment without gear.

Ca_Ghost:
Looking to see if anyone can recommend a good dive shop in the Northern California area that has a selection of equipment that can be demoed before you purchase it?

I'm in the Modesto / Stockton area and am willing to drive in a 75 mile radius (Bay area, Sacramento, etc)

The local shops around here do not do demos so the small group of us looking for gear are stuck at the moment without gear.

Dolphin Scuba is in Sacramento and they are the main shop that I use. They have a lot of variety and an indoor pool for certifications. They are also in the process of opening a store in Stockton that a buddy of mine is going to be managing. Here is the main website. :)

Dolphin Scuba

Ca_Ghost:

What kinda gear are you looking for? Like many here after a while you end up with a bunch of "extras" If you want to try out a DIR rig let me know... There's also DIR demo days put on by the local GUE Instructors. I think the next one is Sep 18th.

Dolphin was too "high pressure" for me. I went in for a 1/2" Apeks port plug and had at least 10 salespeople come up to me to sell me stuff. I much prefer It's All About Scuba in Fairfield. Sure, it's not the superstore that Dolphin is, but it is a place where there are friendly people working and it feels more personal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom