LCD Backpack on Hero2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpassov

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Haven't used my GoPro in a little while. Was playing with it in preparation for a dive trip next month and noticed that while recording video, the LCD display no longer shows the battery level, recording mode, and video segment time. Once I pause recording, the video mode and battery level are displayed.
I know that it used to show all these while recording.
I have checked all the settings, and there is nothing that will change this. I have even called GoPro support and the guy I spoke with tried it on his camera and also said that it does NOT show while recording.
Was this something they got rid of in the last firmware update? If so, WHY??? How am I supposed to see my battery level, or even know if I am recording or not while the camera is in the dive housing??

Help!! Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? This would sure seem like a feature that many people would need.

Already did that. It is on.
Like I said, the support person at GoPro tried it on his camera and had the same results, so it seems to be something they did away with.

How am I supposed to .... even know if I am recording or not while the camera is in the dive housing??
Well, if the battery indicator is not showing.... then you are recording.

Yes, somewhere between the V70 firmware and V312 they took it out as the one I have that still has V70 on it shows the indicators when recording.

Why would they remove that feature?? Any way to roll back to a prior version?

Why is something only they know. As for rolling it back, it is possible but very risky and you may brick your camera doing it. There is plenty of reading material on the subject here: GoPro User Forum ? View forum - HD2 Hero 11/8/5MP Wide with Acc Port (you'll have to dig a bit to find specifically what you are looking for.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom