Launching Diver's BNB On Riviera Maya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vinegarbiscuit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
After almost 20 years of doing the "respectable job" thing in NY, my husband and I are moving to Mexico to open a bed and breakfast for divers on the Riviera Maya. Our little slice of heaven is located almost halfway between Playa del Carmen and Tulum, and although we'll cater primarily to cave divers, we'll also offer instruction and guiding services for ocean dives and a long list of things to do for any non-divers. Whether you just want directions to the caves scrawled on the back of a napkin, several days of guiding services with a home-cooked breakfast and lunch included, or a bespoke "dive coaching" session or three you can experience it all with us. We cater to divers of all experience levels and all configurations - single tanks, doubles, sidemount with stages, CCR trimix dives with DPVs - so don't be shy!

Our compound, which we have dubbed XOC-Ha, has two guest houses: Casa Blanca (get it?!) and Casa Roja. Both are fully self-contained and have their own kitchens, bathrooms, free WiFi, small outdoor breakfast palapas, complimentary bottled water, and facilities for storing/drying dive gear and charging lights, computers, and DPVs. Guests will also enjoy unfettered access to our swimming pool and recreational palapa, which is fitted out with a table-tennis table and a TV. We also have a fully-equipped service bench, where we can overhaul or repair most pieces of dive equipment during your stay, if needed. There is also a small cenote on the property. If any of this intrigues you, message me here or look for XOC-Ha on Facebook. Hope to see you intrepid travelers soon!

After almost 20 years of doing the "respectable job" thing in NY, my husband and I are moving to Mexico to open a bed and breakfast for divers on the Riviera Maya. Our little slice of heaven is located almost halfway between Playa del Carmen and Tulum, and although we'll cater primarily to cave divers, we'll also offer instruction and guiding services for ocean dives and a long list of things to do for any non-divers. Whether you just want directions to the caves scrawled on the back of a napkin, several days of guiding services with a home-cooked breakfast and lunch included, or a bespoke "dive coaching" session or three you can experience it all with us. We cater to divers of all experience levels and all configurations - single tanks, doubles, sidemount with stages, CCR trimix dives with DPVs - so don't be shy!

Our compound, which we have dubbed XOC-Ha, has two guest houses: Casa Blanca (get it?!) and Casa Roja. Both are fully self-contained and have their own kitchens, bathrooms, free WiFi, small outdoor breakfast palapas, complimentary bottled water, and facilities for storing/drying dive gear and charging lights, computers, and DPVs. Guests will also enjoy unfettered access to our swimming pool and recreational palapa, which is fitted out with a table-tennis table and a TV. We also have a fully-equipped service bench, where we can overhaul or repair most pieces of dive equipment during your stay, if needed. There is also a small cenote on the property. If any of this intrigues you, message me here or look for XOC-Ha on Facebook. Hope to see you intrepid travelers soon!

Good luck with your venture!

Good luck with your venture!
Oh, thank you! We're really looking forward to it. Feel free to follow our adventures on Facebook - our little slice of heaven is called XOC-Ha (XOC-Ha). Hope everyone will be part of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom