Lauderdale by the Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emcbride81

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just booked a long weekend to LBTS...got a condo one block away from the pier! Now I have done some shore diving their before, but I haven't been out on a boat yet. Any must do dives down there?

Also, on that reef just off shore (reef 1?), are there any spots that are better than others? I have dived a couple hundred yards to the right of the pier, but not on the left side. Is night diving allowed?

AND lastly...anything cool to do in the immediate area...I plan to spend most of the time diving, but may want to find something topside.

CAN'T WAIT...50 degree lakes are nice and all...

Just booked a long weekend to LBTS...got a condo one block away from the pier! Now I have done some shore diving their before, but I haven't been out on a boat yet. Any must do dives down there?

Boat dives there are great. I'd recommend Underwater Explorer in Boynton Beach if you don't mind driving north a tiny bit (6-pack) or American Dream II if you want to stay local (cattle boat...but a good cattle boat).

What long weekend are you going to be there?

When are you going to be in town?

You can dive either Datura or Hibiscus Streets to the south of the pier. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FLAG. HIGH BOAT TRAFFIC.

Night diving is allowed, but parking at Datura is not. I think Datura is the prettier spot, the snorkel trail is nice, and yes you can dive it. If you are game, going to the reef balls is a really nice dive, but is a long swim. Generally that dive is reserved for low wave, current, surge, good vis. Swim about 40 min east then drop down and continue to the drop off. YOu can't miss it.
The first two reefs (they run parallel to shore) are nice with about a 5 min swim between each. The second is prettier, but lots can be found on the first. Good for photography too.
If you want to venture from LBTS, go down to Vista park, just south of Oakland Blvd, or the beach area around 14th (I think) st. Also, north to Pompano at 8th or 12ths street.
I have not dived north of the pier in a really long time, but from what I remeber it was decent.

Boat dives there are great. I'd recommend Underwater Explorer in Boynton Beach if you don't mind driving north a tiny bit (6-pack) or American Dream II if you want to stay local (cattle boat...but a good cattle boat).

What long weekend are you going to be there?

I am flying in on the 25th of June, flying back the 29th, so Thursday to Monday. My buddy Mike (Glockdiver) dove Boynton and had a good time, I may have to look into it.

Jenny, how far away from the pier is this Datura street?

Anyone that wants to splash with us is welcome to...and if you want to drink with us later, that would be just dandy as well... :)

I am currently working in Ft Lauderdale and thinking about diving this sat(weather permiting). I am also wondering about some good places to eat. Im staying at the Staybridge Inn & suites.

here's a link to some pretty good LBTS shore dive info: Fill Express -- The Best Shore Dive in Florida

There are quite a few good dive ops and dives in South Florida. Are your preferences wrecks or reefs? Also, if you'll give us an idea of what kind of topside activities you're looking for I'm sure we can point you in the right direction.

You'll love LBTS, there is plenty to do there both above and below the water.

I am currently working in Ft Lauderdale and thinking about diving this sat(weather permiting). I am also wondering about some good places to eat. Im staying at the Staybridge Inn & suites.

what kind of food do you want and what type of atmosphere?

I like just about anything but I'm looking for a fun place with some good beer and good food.

Anyone that wants to splash with us is welcome to...and if you want to drink with us later, that would be just dandy as well... :)

Be sure to make a post in the trips and market place when the time comes closer. We would love to join you for a dive :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom