Latex hood donning and doffing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

resnick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've already got a ZipSeal neck on my DUI suit and I'm thinking about getting the DUI ZipSeal latex hood. My understand is that it is a combination latex neck seal and hood. I'm trying to get my head around (no pun intended) how you put this thing on: Do put on the hood liner before you stick your head through the hole (seems like the liner might fall off)? Or do you pull your head through the face, don the liner, and pull the hood over? Or what?

Part of my motivation here is that I've got somewhat long hair, and being able to tuck it all in the liner before I put on the rest of the suit would be pretty handy. Right now with my Otter Bay hood, I have to push my head and hair through the neck seal, pull all the stray hairs out of the seal, and (now with the suit on) get all of my hair tucked into my hood, which is kind of a pain. If the latex hood makes it easier, I'm all for it.

Not only that, for the occasional ice dive, the latex hood with liner seems like it might be warmer. (Opinions on that welcome.)

Back
Top Bottom