Late Wed. Photo....What about Angelfish?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Blue Angelfish, Pompano Beach
Oly C-4040, S&S YS90DX, S&S WAL

aas.sized.jpg

This isn't the greatest shot in the world, but the best that I could get of the little guy after about 10mins of hanging next to his hole... Before I finally gave up and swam on.

Juvenile Queen Angel. Salt Pier, Bonaire
Canon G2, built-in strobe

juvqueenang.jpg

-Roman.

Better than me! I've never gotten one of a juvie Angel period...not even a blurry butt shot!

Nice one Dee
Unfortunately, I have no angelfish pics, so I can't add to this one.

Angels out here are hard to shoot, they are very spooky. They won't let you get too close.

316angel3-med.jpg

316angel1-med.jpg

zaf88 once bubbled...
great pic dee! what settings did u use on the 90dx?

Zaf.....IIRC it was set on 5 or 6.

Rooster....for spooky subjects, you sure got some good shots of them! What kind of Angels? I love the colors and patterns, so different from 'ours', too.

Dee once bubbled...

Rooster....for spooky subjects, you sure got some good shots of them! What kind of Angels? I love the colors and patterns, so different from 'ours', too.

These guys are very secretive. They dart into holes, crevices, or around a coral heads when you get close. The trick is to anticipate were they will come out and wait. Some times you get lucky. The first one is a Regal Angelfish and the second one is an Emperor Angelfish

But I could be wrong. This is also the first time I monkied around with the image so the size would work out here...hope it turns out ok.

Peace,
Cathie

Edited to add photo stats:
Queen Angelfish, Nassau Bahamas
Oly C-3000, internal strobe

Back
Top Bottom