Late trip report...brief.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squarepants

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We stayed at Plaza las Glorias http://viva-cozumel.com/plaza_las_glorias/ and thoroughly enjoyed it http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/cruz_grl
<http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/cruz_grl> . However, watch out for the very slippery floors everywhere in the hotel (water + marble = yikes!).

The restaurants that we ate at are:

Plaza Las Glorias, poolside grill - Excellent!

Plaza Leza, at the town square - Muy Delicioso!

Especias, a few streets back from the town square - Muy Sabroso y Delicioso!

French Quarter, a few streets behind the town square - IMHO too much $$ for
quality of food, but maybe it was just a bad night, because most people like it.

La Choza, also behind the town square area - good food!

We didn't find a bad margarita in all of Cozumel, and we're pretty picky about our 'rita's. The ones served at the Plaza Las Glorias pool are literally knock-ya-on-yer-butt strong. That was okay with us - we were on vacation!

We dove with Dive With Martin, and were quite satisfied. They run a safe, efficient, no-frills operation, with mostly fast boats. They took us to Devil's Throat, which is a pretty advanced dive. We did a couple of night dives with them too, and both DM's were good at getting the sea life to interact with us. We held squid, octopus, puffers, boxfish and sea turtles.

squarepants once bubbled...
We didn't find a bad margarita in all of Cozumel, and we're pretty picky about our 'rita's. The ones served at the Plaza Las Glorias pool are literally knock-ya-on-yer-butt strong. That was okay with us - we were on vacation!

I loved that pool bar. You could find us their almost every day after diving for the ritas, guacamole and salsa! Happy hour was even better - 2 for 1 kick a** margaritas!

Hey there squarepants. Glad to see your trip report.
I think my husband and I will give Plaza las Glorias a try
on our next trip. Didn't realize they had a swim up bar there!
Can't wait to go back, although not sure when that will be.

Thanks for the replies. Anyone try the lobster cove? Have rumors that if you want lobster this is the place. Not to be confused with the lobster house.

domino22:
Thanks for the replies. Anyone try the lobster cove? Have rumors that if you want lobster this is the place. Not to be confused with the lobster house.

Ate there once. Thought it was overpriced and not very good. Very touristy. IMHO you could do a lot better for a lot less money.

Tim Ingersoll:
Ate there once. Thought it was overpriced and not very good. Very touristy. IMHO you could do a lot better for a lot less money.
Tim thanks I may have those two places backwards. And could it have been the lobster house was the good one? Do not remember where I read that. I know it will be $$$$.

domino22:

We have eaten there a few times and liked it, but when we were there last month it was out of business. Hopefully they will be back. If not, there are lots of other good places to try.

Gayla:

Great pictures. I'll be taking a group there for the second time in May. (Shameless plug).
Love it! Thanks for sharing.

squarepants:
French Quarter, a few streets behind the town square - IMHO too much $$ for quality of food, but maybe it was just a bad night, because most people like it.....
and both DM's were good at getting the sea life to interact with us. We held squid, octopus, puffers, boxfish and sea turtles.

You must have had a bad night at FQ. Keep in mind that the prices are higher because they serve US and Canadian grade beef, poultry, etc. They serve things that others don't and most of it has to be imported. Their prices are very reasonable when you take all of that plus the environment into account.

Touching, holding or playing with the marine life is strictly prohibited in the marine park...your DM could lose his right to work in the marine park if he were caught doing this. I know that some people think this is really neat and cool, but if you really understood how damaging this kind of thing is to the ecosystem here, you would think twice about condoning this behavior. Call me prude, but molesting the marine life infuriates me to no end...please know that this IS NOT acceptable behavior on the part of the divemaster who should know better. How would you like it if you were walking down the street and someone just came and picked you up and started playing with you like you were a toy? PLEASE do not touch the marine life...RESPECT it!

Sorry to get on my soapbox...but I hate it when I hear things like this...especially when people are proud of it!

This is not appropriate behavior with marine life and can harm it.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Back
Top Bottom