Late March Puerto Rico Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

t-mac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thinking of a trip to PR late March. Tentatively thinking of splitting time between Rincon and La Parguera - maybe dive with Taino and Paradise. Any suggestions on that or suggested revisions to it? Suggestions on places to stay, where to eat? We thought we’d stay in Vrbos. Also, I’m assuming it’s a reasonable time to be there in terms of weather/sea conditions, but please comment if I’m mistaken. Thanks!

March seas are still heavily influenced by Florida cold fronts to the point there is no boat diving in Rincon much of the month. The agitation also makes for poor vis for shore diving (if even possible). I would recommend late April -November for best conditions, but you never know about weather!
There are only a few decent shore dives around Rincon and once again it'll depend on sea conditions whether they're do-able or not.
LaParguera might be better, but still weather dependant. I'd call or email and ask before you commit.

Best fish tacos at Rincon Beer Company!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom