Late 1980's 1st and 2nd Stage Regs from Spiro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryn Joynes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Need some help possibly identifying this regulator 1st and 2nd, and where to get possible service.

Thanks for any help

Bryn

IMG_20190830_135628784.jpg

IMG_20190830_135649667.jpg
IMG_20190830_135710537.jpg
IMG_20190830_135720965.jpg

@runsongas Thanks for the reply. Yes about the vintage, not sure where vintage starts, but from some of the LDS's blank stares you would think It was older than it is....Will look into the kits.

Love the description the website you linked to had, "very rare", "Only a few thousand made"..

Those are high quality regulators you have there in very nice condition. Nice score!
US Divers was a spinoff of the that company back in the 1950's. Basically a USA version the French company.

I remember seeing people diving those regs back in 1990, in Spain, when I started diving. They were all the rage :) I like the old Spirotechnique's logo better than the nowadays Aqualung's one btw :p

Hey Bryn,

I have the exact same set with the same gauges. I bought mine from Cyprus Scuba in 1990. I was a 19 year old artillery gunner and was on a Cyprus posting, I was looking for a decent set of gear and the owner of the shop sold them to me. I still have them and use them quite often. I only serviced them once in 2005 when there were still lots of parts available. If I were to service them again, which may be necessary as they are now going on 14 years with the same parts, I would look to US divers/Aqualung. They may not actively support them, but they should still be able to get parts, as these were hugely popular back in the 90's and just about every dive store in the world sold a set either under Spirotechnique/US Divers or Aqualung. I compare them to the Scubapro R190 in terms of popularity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom