Last week's weather 5/5 though 5/11/2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boat sju

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just caught up with a coworker for a trip report today and they said they had some rain and rough surf. I was just curious if the weather last week was unusual or if they just needed to try diving up north. They sounded like they stuck to the southern sites.

interested as well.... My 10th Wedding Anniversary is next May and we are thinking about 2 Weeks in Bonaire.

Yeah, I heard they had an uncharacteristically wet patch of weather for the season. But I never heard that dive ops were impacted. The wind blows mostly from the east, but occasionally comes in at an easterly angle from the north or south. In this case you've got to drive (or boat) around a little to find the sweet spots. That's one of the things I love about diving Bonaire... the diving is almost always great somewhere on the island.

Not sure how this applies to diverjen's anniversary trip though. It's a little tough to forecast the weather that far in advance. :eyebrow:

Seriously though, I've enjoyed Bonaire in January, February, May, August, and December. All were great weather, which is just one of the many reasons I love dushi Bonaire. Historically the "rainy season" occurs between October and January. This is when most of the measured rainfall occurs (65% in these 4 months.) But with the whacky global climate and weather changes going on these days it's a little tougher to get the weather to commit to a schedule like this. This year we're going to sample September too, just to make sure we haven't been missing anything epic.

I just caught up with a coworker for a trip report today and they said they had some rain and rough surf. I was just curious if the weather last week was unusual or if they just needed to try diving up north. They sounded like they stuck to the southern sites.

Everybody's assuming you mean Bonaire, so clarify which of the ABC's...

Everybody's assuming you mean Bonaire, so clarify which of the ABC's...

Oops. Sorry. Yes, Bonaire.

---------- Post added May 18th, 2013 at 01:04 PM ----------

diverjen,

We were in Bonaire in May once before and the weather/conditions were perfect. Hot and dry. That's why it surprised me when my friend said they had rain and wind to the point that some boat dives were cancelled.

I was there this past February and it seemed that the rainy season was at an end. An occasional shower but nothing that interfered with diving. We had to change our dive site plans a few times due to surf, but not a big deal.

boat

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom