Last summer fling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Baldwin

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Been on Cozumel for eight days and have just had a super time. Yes, I know some people think I'm crazy when I tell them that while I'm on vacation I'm up every morning by 5:30. Having gotten up every morning between and 5 and 5:15 for the past 25 years I guess you can say I was actually sleeping in.

The weather has been great. A few scattered showers but mainly in the 90's. As usual working on the house but one of the main treats this trip was a newlywed couple staying at our house.

The husband I had certified earlier this year and his wife a couple of years ago. They were like kids in a candy store all excited about the dives and the wildlife fully cooperated. This was his first time doing ocean dives.

They saw several nurse sharks, a huge moray eel that was just swimming along one of the walls just a few feet from them and on the night dive there were more crabs and lobsters than I had time to take pictures of. Sometime it's good to see things with a fresh set of eyes.

We dove with my friend, Jeremy Anschel, the owner of Living Underwater and as usual the service was excellent. My newlywed friends did 50 minutes on both day dives and I came up with them. Jeremy stayed down with the rest of the group for another 20 minutes. We had fresh fruit and cold drinks on the way to do our surface interval.

The low point of my trip was having to cut down my bougenvillea. About two weeks ago a strong rainstorm came through and blew it down. I cut up 20, 55 gallon bags of limbs. It was so big it had my BBQ grill and patio furniture all covered up and Donna could barely pull the car in the courtyard.

The stump was over 6 inches in diameter. My Dewalt sawzall had a workout. It put on all this growth in two years so no doubt we can grow another.

Five more days and then it's back to catching bad guys. I'll have to give up the sandals for dress boots and start complaining about the humidity wearing that dress shirt and tie.

Been on Cozumel for eight days and have just had a super time. Yes, I know some people think I'm crazy when I tell them that while I'm on vacation I'm up every morning by 5:30. Having gotten up every morning between and 5 and 5:15 for the past 25 years I guess you can say I was actually sleeping in.
When I am on Cozumel I do the same thing, even though when I'm home in the States I'm more of a stay-up-late-and-sleep-as-late-as-possible kind of guy. On Cozumel I am usually already up at daybreak lying in a hammock watching the island awaken and waiting for enough light to read my book.

You guys need a hobby that will give you something to do in bed. I'm guessing the newlyweds had no trouble 'sleeping in'. :D

That's one hell of a big ass vine you had there! 6" stump in 2 years!

I just love getting up before the sunrise, (and watching it), doing a bit of yoga on the beach, maybe a brief kayak before breakfast or a short bike trip down to the marina for a cup of java, and then the diving yeah.
Gotta love that afternoon siesta oh so sweet.

Back
Top Bottom