Last minute trip to Cabo with family. . . thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will Rogers

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just booked a week at the villas at the Westin Baja Point, on the San Jose side of the Corridor.

Traveling with two teenagers, who are very newly certified and inexperienced divers.

Would love to get in a day. We will likely not schlep our gear, other than masks probably.

Short on time to do the usual research. We dove in Cabo Pulmo a few years ago in December (terrible viz, but exciting Bull Sharks) and snorked in La Paz with the Whale Sharks four years ago.

Would love your recommendations on dive shop and dive site for 1 or possibly 2 days out with newbie divers.

Also, can you let me know what Covid protocols are like on a dive boat? Could we get a boat with just the 4 of us? If so, which operator would be good for that options.

Many thanks,

Will

Talk to Nautilus Dive Tech in Cabo SL. We have gone out multiple times with since covid. On time there was another couple on the boat but the other times it was just us. Talk to them and tell them where you stand on covid and they will make it happen. We were there in March, September and again in December. Great people

I am allowed to beg for you to please avoid transmitting any more virulent strains by please going next year?

Hi @Will Rogers

I dived with Cabo Dive Center before they merged with Amigos del Mar and were renamed See Creatures. Very nice shop, good people, appeared to have excellent rental gear. They have dives within the Cabo San Lucas Marine Park and the Corridor that would be appropriate for new divers. They have several boats for flexibility
Cabo San Lucas: See Creatures, Tesoro Hotel, May 21-24, 2019

Seriously wnissen? CA restrictions have worked so well, you can hide forever and never be 100% safe.....as for the poster go and have a fabulous time. Diving with the family and create memories

Just booked a week at the villas at the Westin Baja Point, on the San Jose side of the Corridor.

Traveling with two teenagers, who are very newly certified and inexperienced divers.

Would love to get in a day. We will likely not schlep our gear, other than masks probably.

Short on time to do the usual research. We dove in Cabo Pulmo a few years ago in December (terrible viz, but exciting Bull Sharks) and snorked in La Paz with the Whale Sharks four years ago.

Would love your recommendations on dive shop and dive site for 1 or possibly 2 days out with newbie divers.

Also, can you let me know what Covid protocols are like on a dive boat? Could we get a boat with just the 4 of us? If so, which operator would be good for that options.

Many thanks,

Will

@Will Rogers I was in CSL in November. Highly recommend diving with See Creatures. If you contact them, you'd probably be able to get a private boat. In several days of diving I was either the solo passenger, or there was max two others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom